Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Shetland

 “There are two seasons in Scotland: June and Winter.” — Billy Connolly, Scottish comedian, musician, presenter and actor

I'M RECOMMENDING a television series to you. Called Shetland, it's a BBC police drama largely based on the novels of Ann Cleeves. It stars Douglas Henshall as Detective Inspector Jimmy Perez, and takes place mostly on the Scottish archipelago that the series is named after. 
I'm suggesting it because it's so well done. 


I have a hard time sticking with any series. There are only a few that haven't worn me out after the first season or even a few episodes of the first either because they're too formulaic, repetitive, implausible or over-the-top violent, and sometimes D) all of the above. The list is long of the ones I couldn't abide. The list is short of the ones that seemed worth my time. And it's a relief, I must say, to have a main character not be a tortured, troubled antihero. 


Available on Netflix, I think you'll like it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment