Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hiatus

 “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” — John Kenneth Galbraith

SHINY has been taking a bit of a break, therefore the title of this post. There are other h-words I could have chosen. Heartbreak (what I'm suffering) headache (yeah, a national one) hairball (who the Electoral College elected) hatred (what he ran on) harrowing (definitely the path we're on) help (we're going to need a lot of it) hubris (that's obvious) hoodwinked (yes, 'we' have been).  'We' is in air quotes cuz' hey, I didn't vote for him . . . and as many of you have said, "He's not my president." 

So I've been taking a break. Paul and I are still on a news blackout. I kinda get the rough outlines of what's going on from my virtual village. 

But I'm rallying. Gretchen Lewis said immediately after the election, "Today I mourn. Tomorrow I plan." She and others I've mentioned in a previous post are leading by example. 

And I am coming back. I'm starting to get pissed off instead of just feeling bad, and I'm oh so much better at everything when I'm mad. It has a way of focusing the mind. And I'm a thinker, so I've been thinking a lot. 

Last night out of the blue Paul said, "Is it okay with you if we go to the Million Woman March in Washington DC in January?" I said, "Yes. Hell yes. And double hell yes." I'm so glad I'm married to the man I'm married to.

Paul and I had a two deaths just before the election and a sort of reexperiencing of a previous death, so we weren't exactly "altogether how," as Pooh once described it. We were already in a state of mourning. I mean to talk about all three losses, but not tonight.

In the meantime, here's a meme I recreated that was originally shared by Mary Martin Gillman and others. It's EXACTLY how I feel.








2 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly! It's so awful. But I too am getting ready to do battle. I'd love for Bernie, Hillary, Barak & Elizabeth to band together and guide us.

    ReplyDelete