Sunday, June 21, 2015

Something to share with my village

“From long experience she knew that she wore her loneliness like armor. Very few people ever recognized it for what it was. To the casual observer it looked very much like arrogance. Sometimes it was.” ― Nevada Barr, Track of the Cat

ARE YOU familiar with the Anna Pigeon mystery series written by Nevada Barr? Not high art by any means, but they're great fun to read. 

Anna is a widowed park ranger who starts out working in the Guadalupe Mountains National Park in Texas and moves to various other National Parks around the country as the series continues. All I can say is, if you're ever in a National Park and see Ranger Pigeon . . . leave immediately. Something is about to go down.


I've read quite a few in the series. Paul has read them all. We have a whole shelfful, first to last. I'm never going to reread them, and neither will Paul, so here's what I'm thinking:

I'd like to share these books with whichever resident of my village would like to read them. (In case you don't know what I'm talking about, read the previous Hey Look post in which I wrote about my hand-picked Facebook village.) 

I'll send them in groups of four to the first person who lays claim. I'll even pay postage. There just a few conditions:

1) Don't put your hat in the ring unless you're actually going to read them.

2) The people in my village are of varying means. If you can afford to buy pretty much whatever you want, don't put your name in. Let someone for whom these books would be a treat have them instead.

3) Once you're through reading them, give them to someone else who too will actually read them. I'm a waste-not, want-not kind of a gal.

So how's that for a deal? A free book club. Message me or reply to this post in comments. The first deserving person gets the first four, and when you're done with the first four, I'll send you the next four. You'll be well entertained for a long time!

XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. Oh we'd love that. And once Gary and I finish, I can donate them to the senior center where lots of film could enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LIz, Someone beat you to the punch. I got a response about five minutes after I posted.

    ReplyDelete