Friday, October 31, 2014

Rah rah, go team

"Well, those are some words I never thought I'd hear coming out of your mouth." — Paul Bridson

HALLOWEEN is my favorite holiday because I get to be whoever I want to be: country western star, ballerina, prom queen, 1950's rock-around-the-clock high schooler, sixties hippie chick, Cher, but I repeat myself.

Paul and I have long wanted to go as a gender-bending football player (me) and cheerleader (him). We tried to pull it off last year, but finding a football uniform in my size proved impossible.

This year, however, we have a new client pal who happens to be an assistant football coach at an area high school, and he came through for us.

We thought the hard part was done.

But nooooooo! Just try finding a cheerleading skirt for someone who's six feet tall and weighs 210 pounds. We started out last night but only got as far as determining that he wears a size 18 in women's wear. Before we switched off the light last night, I said, "Well, tomorrow we'll have to go shopping for a skirt for you." 

That's when he said, "Well, those are some words I never thought I'd hear coming out of your mouth."

It took us eight stores, but we finally put together his outfit. You gotta admit, he's a good sport. FYI: If you want to find big sizes of things, go to WalMart.

But we've been having a blast all day. We stopped at a nursing home on the way into the office and passed out candy, then surprised a couple of friends in their offices, and tonight there's a special trick-or-treat in the East Village that we're looking forward to. We never get trick-or-treaters at our home, so this is our chance to get to have kids in costumes tell us wheezer jokes. Fun!!




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Oh how cool! I'm way too lazy but admire folks who get into it. We don't get trick or treaters here either - they can't get in the gate and since it's an urban environment, there aren't a lot of kids. But we're going to Kid Central - the neighborhood where our granddaughters live and that will be LOADS of fun. Whoohoo.

    ReplyDelete