Thursday, July 10, 2014

His LAWW

"Service above self." — Rotary International Motto

I FEEL so honored! Today I received the Roger T. Stetson Rotarian of the Year Award for 2013 - 2014 from my club, The Rotary Club of Des MoinesOutgoing President Dick Reasons presented it to me for my role as leader of the new-member mentoring program. It was his good idea, though.

Being the closet introvert that I am, normally I would be uncomfortable in such a situation, but instead I actually felt really happy and terrifically honored. I smiled so hard my face hurt, and I still have to pinch myself that my club chose me. 

Paul got to be there, and he's so proud of me that it's adorable!

Shortly after we married I received a writing award, and ever since then he's called me as his LAWW (lovely, award-winning wife). It's nice to live up just a little bit every now and then to how he views me.

Left: Bruce Kelley, newly inducted Rotary Club of Des Moines president.
Right: Dick Reasons, outgoing president. Me in the middle feeling very honored.

BTW: I wore The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit and we all know it's magic. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment