Friday, June 27, 2014

A medical marijuana primer

"And I’m happy to tell you that within the first administration, Charlotte went from having a seizure every 20 to 25 minutes – that’s 400 a week guys – down to zero to one per week." — Josh Stanley

I FEEL LIKE apologizing for writing a Hey Look post almost every day for the last two weeks. For whatever reason, my contract with myself is that I will blog every other day. I don't have to actually publish every other day, but at the end of the year, that's what I want the average to be.

So far I've managed to do make my goal for three years now.

I kinda think I'm a wacko for doing it, but I must like it because I haven't stopped yet. It helps me stay (or try to get) sane; if I can't change things that I think are wrong in the world, at least I can complain about them, and boy howdy do I, as you know.

Plus I just can't help but be so Irish and want to help everybody. If I run across something that might prove useful, I'll fidget until I tell you.

I said all that to say this: I got behind in February, and this month I'm determined to catch up, so that's why I've been buzzing in your ears so often.

This is a Ted Talks video from You Tube about medical marijuana and pediatric epilepsy that I've been meaning to share with you for a long time. Fascinating.


Charlotte.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video. It definitely clears out a lot of the misconceptions about medical marijuana. It’s truly amazing how one plant can make a difference for people who suffer from epilepsy. There is a lingering stigma in society that marijuana is merely a dangerous substance, but there are medical merits to it as well. It’s time that people realize there are two sides to the coin. Yes, if abused, marijuana can lead to deadly consequences, but if used properly, it can also cure many diseases.

    Brad Benson @ Canna MedBox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This video definitely changed my perception of marijuana. Anything can be abused — prescription medications for example, but we don't outlaw their use. The most abused substance in the world, I venture to guess, is alcohol, by a landslide.

      Delete