Friday, August 10, 2012

Using all my allotment

"When angry count four; when very angry, swear." Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, I make an effort to confine myself to expletives that can be said in public or appear in print. Blast, drat, blast and drat (said together), oh for heaven's sake, oh for goodness sake, for crying out loud or good grief (all said very disgustedly), dang, balderdash, and oh-yeah-right said dripping with sarcasm are my trusty standbys.

Today, however, I have used all the words I know that are supremely unfit to be said in public or appear in print, a multiplicity of times. I haven't actually thrown anything other than indecent language, but I'm tempted.

Bullies and cowards are, I think, generally one in the same. So today, Pam, unfortunately I am not feeling tickety-boo, but rather more like kicking ten bells out of someone. We love our Britishisms, huh Pam.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment