Thursday, June 28, 2012

Health care victory

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." ― George Carlin

PAUL AND I are doing the happy dance over the Supreme Court finding the health care law to be constitutional. And who would have ever supposed that it would be Chief Justice John Roberts who made the difference?! 

I would have guessed Justice Anthony Kennedy as the swing vote. But Kennedy has been disappointing me a lot lately; I thought health care was doomed. 

I wonder whether the fact that the entire country (except the very rich and Wall Street) is pissed off about the high court's decision finding that corporations are people (clearing the way for those with the means to buy our government) at all influenced Justice Robert's opinion. Perhaps he doesn't want to go down in history as having headed the most plutocratic court ever.

I can't believe that in this case fairness prevailed!! Paul and I will be celebrating by attending the Olympic swimming trials in Omaha. We've had tickets for a little while, but it was looking dicey as to whether Spiderman would be able to go. I wouldn't have had the heart to go without him.

Chock one up for the home team! :-)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment