Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy birthday to Paul

"Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense." — Mark Overby

TODAY IS Paul's birthday. He received lots of happy birthday wishes from Facebook friends and relatives. One of them, our funny friend Jack Hillyard, told Paul that he thought it would be fitting for me to feed Paul grapes and fan him in honor of the day. I opted to let the ceiling fan provide the breeze, and the grapes in the fridge were too far gone.


However, I did make sure Paul got a new, white iPhone . . . on Friday so he'd have plenty of time to play with his new toy all weekend, and this morning I massaged the sore back and legs he acquired doing yard work the day before, made him gluten-free French toast and turkey bacon for breakfast, ironed three of his shirts, cut his hair, and ran him a bath. That's gotta count, I would think. I wasn't sure he'd still be in the mood for a big breakfast after all the popcorn, cake and ice cream we ate at Virginia's, last night, but he was.



I really don't always wear my pajamas. Just mostly.

Along with best birthday wishes, our friend Kit, sent Paul this picture of us she took at her house after we attended Jon Stewart's and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and or Fear in Washington DC last fall. It was Halloween, and she had friends over for a party; those without costume got to choose from her selection of wacky hats. I was way tired, so after a hot shower and a lie-down, I decided pajamas were my disguise for the evening. Bet you didn't even recognize me!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment